The Windows Store provides a variety of revenue-generating opportunities, such paid apps, in-app sales, and in-app advertising. The Microsoft Referral Program is a new feature introduced with Windows 10 that not all developers have taken full advantage of yet: the Microsoft Affiliate Network. As an Affiliate, you can make money by promoting apps, games, music, video, and other items available in the Windows Store and the Microsoft Store online, among other places.
What Is The Microsoft Affiliate Program?
The Affiliate Network is an achievement referral programme that allows users to make commissions by making referrals to compensated and freemium online downloads in the Windows Store, as well as paid subject matter within Microsoft Store. You can receive revenue by making referrals to paid as well as freemium online media throughout the Microsoft Store.
For those of you who are already marketing your own games and apps on your own website through adverts and banners or blogs, taking advantage of the Affiliate Program will indeed be simple. Simply change the Windows Store URLs in your campaigns to Affiliate URLs, and you will earn an incremental commission for any purchase made by a consumer who comes through your promotion. This includes any and all purchases made by the consumer during the referral term, not simply the content that you advertised. These revenues are in addition to the money you receive through your own apps’ installations, in-app transactions, and in-app advertising, as well as from third-party apps.
Unveiling The Microsoft’s Methodology
As soon as the customer visits the Windows Store using your Affiliate program, we track their purchases and credit them to you. Purchases are monitored throughout all Windows 10 nodes on the network to a customer’s Microsoft account, including tablets and smartphones. In the following periods, you will receive commissions on all purchases made by you.
Throughout the first 24hrs, customers will receive a 7% commission on all Windows Store purchases. After 14 days, you will earn 7 percent commission on in-app items purchased from the apps and games you purchased above; you will also receive $5 upon each Groove Music Pass subscription; and you will earn a wide range of commissions on other hardware and systems purchases from the Microsoft Store at microsoft.com/store during that time.
How To Begin With The Microsoft Affiliate Program?
Consider signing up for the Microsoft Private Affiliate Program, read the instructions in the welcome email, and then follow the steps in the Getting Started Guide to complete your registration.
Create your Affiliate links with the help of the tools we provide. Affiliate links include URLs that are identical to traditional links, but that contain tracking parameters that are unique to affiliate links.
Affiliate links should be used in place of the URLs which you are already utilizing to market your Windows Store applications. It is also a good idea to include Affiliate links on the site as well as in blog entries, emails, banner advertisements, videos, and even within your applications.
What Are The Products You Can Promote As An Affiliate Of The Microsoft Affiliate Program?
- The Xbox console, games, and accessories are all available.
- Xbox Game Pass serves as a subscription service for all the admirers of Xbox 360.
- Surface tablets inclusive of attachments are available for purchase.
- The window store opens a wide door for entertainment inclusive movies or TV shows
- Subscriptions to Microsoft Office 365
- All applications available via the Microsoft Store
- Computers are a type of device that allows you to do a variety of things (desktops and laptops)
- Hardware and peripherals for computers
The Ups & Downs Of Microsoft Affiliate Program
Following our thorough examination of the Microsoft affiliate programme, let us attempt to provide you with a TLDR summary of whether or not it is worthwhile your time.
- You will never be required to pre-sell Microsoft goods to your target audience again.
- There are hundreds of goods that are suited for both geeks and non-geeks.
- Earn money using commission rates that are reasonable and competitive.
- You have the option of choosing between percentage-based commissions and CPA options.
- They have a huge selection of continually updated creatives, so they are always on the cutting edge.
- Their 14-day cookie duration is 14 times more effective than Amazon’s.
- Gaining profits with Microsoft gets easier as you can earn via promoting their games, apps or different softwares.
- An excellent affiliate network for bloggers who write about connected topics.
- It’s a disgrace that Microsoft isn’t compensated for promoting its Windows software.
- A completely unspecified list of products can have commission prices as low as one percent.
- There is nothing even close to a ten percent commission charge.
The Final Verdict
Finally, we have reached the conclusion of the Microsoft affiliate programme review article. As you’ve seen, the company’s affiliate programme is far from being flawless. When it comes to determining what companies pay commission on, it’s important to read the small print thoroughly.
However, the fact that they have such a large market presence works to your advantage for almost everything else they make. Furthermore, a few of their commission prices are quite competitive.
In addition, don’t forget about software packages such as Office 365, which virtually fully dominates their respective markets.
You might create a very lucrative market site only dedicated to promoting Microsoft’s Office 365 goods.